What are you looking for in an audiobook?
When we review an audiobook title for distribution, we're looking for several things.
- Generally, we want a title that is over 2-3 hours in length. Anything shorter than that is less of an audiobook and more of a spoken word album. We find that the longer books tend to sell a little better. We can make exceptions to the length rule, depending on the quality of the title.
- The audio quality must be pristine. There should be no background noise, room sounds, strange echos, etc.
- The audio of the narrator's voice must be well-recorded. It should be clean and clear. There should be no "muddiness" to the audio quality. The Mic should have been positioned in such a way that there are no plosives (e.g., popped P's or B's).
- The narrator's performance should sound professional. The narrator should have a pleasing voice, and a solid performance. It should be well-paced and easy to understand. There shouldn't be stumbles or mistakes in the recording.
- The content of the audio title should be engaging.
If you believe that your title meets all of these criteria, please contact us about submitting your title for consideration.
Open Book Audio, LLC is an audiobook production and distribution company. We specialize in working with independent authors and publishers to bring your story to life. With Open Book Audio, it's your story, out loud.
© 2011 Open Book Audio, LLC. All Rights Reserved